Who are the Judiciary?
The Court of Appeal
- Justice of Appeal, Belize, 2004-2015
- Justice of Appeal, Jamaica, 2008-2020 (President, 2016-2020)
- Justice of Appeal, Cayman Islands, 2015-present
- Acting Justice of Appeal, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, 12-16 January 2015 and 31 May-4 June 2021
- President, Court of Appeal, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Citizen of the Bahamas
- Former Senator
- Non-resident judge of the court of appeal of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 2016
- Retired judge of the Court of Appeal of the Bahamas 2016
- Retired judge of the Supreme Court of the Bahamas 2012
- Immediate past presiding judge of the BVI commercial court of the eastern Caribbean 2017 to 2019
- Member of the hon society of the inner temple, UK
- Member of the bars of the United Kingdom, the Bahamas, and of the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Non-Resident Justice of Appeal Turks and Caicos Islands | March 2020 – Present
- Temporary High Court Judge of The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court | Antigua and Barbuda | March 2019 – Dec 2019
- Temporary High Court Judge of The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court | St. Vincent & The Grenadines | Feb – Mar 2019
- Temporary High Court Judge of The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court | Grenada | Dec 2017
- Justice of Appeal of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas | Jul 2009 – Dec 2014
- Justice of Appeal | Trinidad & Tobago | Jul 2002 – Jun 2009
- Puisne Judge | Trinidad & Tobago | Jul 1994 – Feb 2002
The Honourable Mr. Justice Ian R. Winder was appointed as a Judge of the Court of Appeal of The Turks and Caicos Islands on 2 February 2020. He also serves as a Justice of the Supreme Court of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas and is the Chairman of The Bahamas Judicial Education Institute.
A citizen of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, Mr. Justice Winder is admitted to practice in The Bahamas and The Turks & Caicos Islands.
Justice Winder holds the AA (Chemistry and Mathematics) from the College of The Bahamas as well as the BA (History and Law) and the LLM (Corporate and Commercial Law) from the University of the West Indies, Barbados.
The Hon. Ms Justice Tanya Lobban Jackson was appointed to the Supreme Court Bench on 2 April 2020. Prior to this appointment, she was the Chief Magistrate of the Turks and Caicos Islands since 2016.
The Hon. Mr Justice Anthony Gruchotwas appointed to the Supreme Court Bench on 1 September 2022. Prior to this appointment, he was in private practice at the Turks and Caicos Islands Bar.
Resident Magistrate Keri-Ann Kemble was called to the Jamaican Bar in 2006. She was a Prosecutor for 10 years in Jamaica rising to the position of Acting Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions. Ms. Kemble served as Parish Judge for the parish of Clarendon, Jamaica for 21/2 years sitting in the Criminal, Civil, Family, Traffic and Tax Courts. She is also a trained Mediator.
Immediately preceding her appointment as Magistrate for the Turks and Caicos Islands, Ms. Kemble was a Legal Advisor for the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force (CFATF) at its Secretariat in Port of Spain, Trinidad and is a trained CFATF Assessor.
Resident Magistrate Mrs. Oreika Selver-Gardiner, LL. B (Hons.), qualified Barrister & Attorney-at-Law, was admitted to the Bar of England & Wales 2008 and the Turks & Caicos Bar in 2009.
Prior to her being sworn-in as Resident Magistrate, Mrs. Selver-Gardiner, was In-House Counsel & Compliance Officer for Invest TCI (2016/2020), and former Criminal Trial Prosecutor with the DPP (2011/2016).
Mrs. Selver -Gardiner, acted as President of the TCI Bar Council (2018/2020), and has served (Acting) Deputy Magistrate in the Turks and Caicos Islands.